Hours after testing positive for COVID-19, noted urdu poet and lyricist Dr. Rahat Indori passed away at a hospital in Indore. He was 70.
On Monday morning, Dr. Indori, who was very active on social media had tweeted about contracting the infection on Monday morning.
Dr. Indori reportedly suffered from two heart attacks and had 60 per cent pneumonia.
Dr. Rahat Indori was born in Indore on January 1, 1950. He had travelled intensively to foreign countries to recite poetry. His poem ‘Bulati Hai Magar Jaane Ka Nahin’ had gone viral and was being used as meme.
Besides poems, his had penned down lyrics for Bollywood. Some of his popular songs include ‘M Bole To’ (Munnabhai MBBS), ‘Neend Churayi Meri’ (Ishq), ‘Dil Ko Hazar Baar Roka’ (Murder).
Here are some of his finest couplets –
- Log har mod pe ruk ruk ke sambhalte kyun hain,
Itna darte hain toh ghar se nikalte kyun hain
- Shakhon se tut jaaye wo patte nahin hain hum,
Aandhi se koi keh de ki aukat main rahe
- Phoonk daalunga kisi roz main dil ki duniya,
Ye tera khat to nahin ki jala bhi na sakun
- Naye kirdaar aate jaate rahte hain
Magar natak purana chal raha hai
- Bohot gurrur hai dariya ko apne hone par
Jo meri pyas se uljhe to dhajjiyan ud jaye
- Hum ab makaan main tala lagane wale hain
Pata chala hai ki mehman aane wale hain
- Yun to har phool pe likha hota hai ki todo mat
Dil machalta hai to kehta hai choro mat
- Afwaah thi meri tabiyat kharab hai,
Logon ne pooch pooch ke bimar kar diya
Do ghaz sahi magar ye meri milkiyat hai,
Ae maut tune mujhe zamindaar kar diya