Special relief commissioner (SRC) announced the new lockdown rules. Addressing the press, the SRC said that complete lockdown will continue in containment zone regions in Odisha whereas the night curfew from 9 PM to 5 AM will remain in force all across the State till August 31.
Following are the new lockdown rules:
- Temples and religious places will remain closed for public till August 31.
- Cinema hall and theatres will also remain shut till August 31
- No teaching activities will be allowed in schools & colleges, other educational/training/coaching institutions and anganwadi centres till August 31. However, conduct of examinations, evaluation and other administrative activities will be allowed.
- Weekend shutdown to continue in Ganjam, Gajapati, Khurda, Cuttack districts & Rourkela Municipal Corporation area till August 31
- On the weekend of August 1-2, Shutdown to be from 1 PM onwards.
- Yoga centres, gyms to open from August 5 (detailed guidelines to be issued)
- No restrictions on inter-state movement of goods
- Congregation restricted in marriages to 50 persons, while no more than 20 persons will be allowed in funerals
- State Govt offices to operate with reduced manpower
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA will continue to remain suspended
- In order to ensure that people follow COVID19 norms strictly, the state government has increased the penalties in case of violations.
- Penalty for not wearing face covering/masks: Rs 1000 for first two violation; Rs 5000 for subsequent violations
- Rs 10,000 penalty & sealing of premises if business/shop owners violate social distancing norms
- Rs 10,000 penalty for violations during marriage functions & banquet halls/mandaps to be sealed