In a bid to make TV the new playground, Dish TV, Asia Pacific’s largest direct-to-home (DTH) company has partnered with International, the world leader in interactive games for television. Both companies are proud to announce Playin’TV, Visiware’s flagship international gaming channel broadcasted on over 40 networks worldwide that will now be made available on the DishTV platform.
Visiware International and Dish TV started their partnership in 2007, with the launch of Minikids TV, a range of edutainment interactive TV games targeting 2-5 year old children. Now, with Playin’TV, DishTV’s customers will have access to a rich international gaming experience with a selection of games for the whole family to enjoy; boys and girls between 8 to 12 years, teens between 13 to 20 years and for those over 20.
Compatible on all set top boxes and available 24/7 for an affordable monthly subscription, Playin’TV is easily accessible through Channel No. 521 and doesn’t require any additional equipment apart from the existing set top box and the remote control. The portal offers a selection of 20 games split up in 4 genres.
Each category proposes 5 different games selected out of a 300-game catalogue:
- Action titles with hundreds of levels to conquer
- Cards with classics such as Solitaire and FreeCell
- Brain Teasers with mind boggling thinking references
- Sports with games like Football and Cricket amongst others
With one monthly subscription, players can enjoy experience-enhancing features without any additional
- The monthly update includes 2 new games replacing old ones
- They can play a selection of games both on TV and on the internet (www.playintv.com)
- The Playin ’code allows them to resume playing at the level they stopped, both on TV or
- Those who want to challenge other players, can enter competitions to win real-life prizes on the internet, by posting their best scores
Elated with the promising tie-up, Mr. Arun Kapoor, Chief Executive Officer, DishTV said “DishTV being the pioneer and market leader believes innovation is the key to our brand and technology plays a vital role in our innovative activities. Gaming over the years has evolved as a phenomenon in India. Individuals across ages groups and especially kids and young adults indulge in this entertainment via different channels be it XBOX, PlayStation, Nintendo etc. DishTV’s intent is to reach out to masses by maximizing the entertainment and edutainment experience via one platform and channel. We are pleased to join hands with Visiware International for launching Playin ’TV on the DishTV platform and I’m sure this breakthrough service will surely add to their element of delight.”