Veteran BJP leader LK Advani, who was denied the post of Prime Minister in favour of Narendra Modi, has been expressing his disappointment time and again. And, now when the party is facing its worst ever crisis ever since it came to power in May 2014, Advani spoke out again, raising questions on Narendra Modi, his leadership and the government.
It was a veiled attack, but gave enough options to others for interpretation. Advani is definitely upset at the aggressive attack on his staunch follower Sushma Swaraj and another protege Vasundhara Raje Scindia and probably sees insider’s job to defame these leaders.
Here are the Excerpts from Advani’s Interview on Indian Express:
* At the present point of time, the forces that can crush democracy, notwithstanding the constitutional and legal safeguards, are stronger.
* There is a lack of outstanding aspect of leadership. A commitment to democracy and to all other aspects related to democracy is lacking.
* Today, I do not say that the political leadership is not mature. But, I don’t have faith because of its weaknesses.
* I don’t have the confidence it (Emergency) cannot happen again.
* Civil society raised hopes only to disappoint. It’s the judiciary that is more responsible than the others.