Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal took oath as the Chief Minister of Delhi for the second time after his party registered a landslide victory by winning 67 out of 70 seats in Delhi Assembly. Kejriwal along with 6 Cabinet Ministers took the oath today.
Although all six women candidates fielded by the AAP won the polls, none of them was included in the Delhi Cabinet. They included Rakhi Birla (Mangolpuri), Alka Lamba (Chandni Chowk), Bandana Kumari (Shalimar Bagh), Parmila Tokas (RK Puram), Bhavna Gaur (Palam) and Sarita Singh (Rohtas Nagar).
Somanath Bharti, Rakhi Birla and Saurabh Bhardwaj, who were part of Delhi Cabinet during Kejriwal’s 49 days in power, have been dropped this time. Arvind Kejriwal won’t keep any specific portfolio and oversee all ministries. Deputy CM Manish Sisodia has been given a number of important portfolio.
1. Arvind Kejriwal (CM) – No Portfolio. To oversee all Ministries.
2. Manish Sisodia (Deputy CM) – Finance and Planning, Revenue, Services, Power, Education, Higher Education, Information Technology, Technical Education, Administrative Reforms, Urban Development, Land and Building, Vigilance department and all other departments not specifically allocated to any Minister.
3. Gopal Rai – Employment, Development, Labour, Transport and General Administration Department.
4. Satyendar Jain – Power, Health, Industries, Gurudwara Management, Irrigation and Flood Control, Public Works Department.
5. Asim Ahmed Khan – Food and Supply, Environment and Forest and Election.
6. Sandeep Kumar – Women and Child Welfare, Social Welfare, Language and SC and ST.
7. Jitendra Singh Tomar – Home, Law and Justice, Tourism, Art and Culture.