* This is no ordinary morning. This is a morning of hope of the dreams and aspirations of 125 crore Indians.
* I pay tributes to all those great people who laid down their lives for India, during India’s freedom struggle.
* There is simplicity in every Indian and there is unity in every corner of India. This is the strength of India.
* If the unity of India is destroyed then the dreams of the people are also destroyed.
* Be it casteism or communalism there is no place for them. In no way can they be tolerated.
* This is Team India, a team of 125 crore Indians. This is the Team that makes the Nation and takes our Nation to new heights.
* Jan Bhagidari is the biggest asset of a democracy.
* Be it MyGov, letters from citizens, Mann Ki Baat, communication with people…daily Jan Bhagidari is increasing.
* Nobody wants to remain poor. Those who are poor want to move away from poverty. That is why, all our programmes must be for the poor.
* There is a new atmosphere of trust.
* The doors of the banks were not open for the poor. We decided this must end. We wanted to strengthen financial inclusion.
* Bank accounts are essential for integrating the poor into the financial system. After all who are the banks for, they are for the poor.
* When the branch of a bank is built somewhere, people rejoice. But this is still easy. Getting people to those banks takes effort.
* 17 crore people opened bank accounts under PM Jan Dhan Yojana. Rs 20,000 crore deposited into those accounts by the people themselves.
* Last time from the Red Fort I spoke about toilets and cleanliness. People wondered what kind of PM is he, talking about these issues. If there is something that has touched every person, it is the movement towards cleanliness.
* People from all walks of life, spiritual leaders, media friends, celebrities, everyone has worked to create awareness.
* Who has given maximum strength to Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan? It is the children of India. Biggest brand ambassadors of Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan are the 5-10 year olds.
* Almost 4.25 lakh toilets were built in 2.62 lakh schools nationwide in one year; this gives self-confidence that we can do what we want.
* We need to ensure ‘Swachh Bharat’ on Gandhiji’s 150th Birth Anniversary in 2019.
* We introduced the ‘Pradhanmantri Beema Yojna’ and ‘Atal Pension Yojna’, we did what we promised. 10 crore people got linked to the schemes in 100 days.
* We introduced Shrameva Jayate Yojana. It is an effort to chage the way we look at the workers of India.
* Dignity of labour has to be our national duty, it has to be a part of our nature.
* Government’s work has just started, will take it further. India can be free of corruption; need lots of measures; have to start from top. We are doing that.
* Some people like to remain in depression and always negative,they are not satisfied till they have spoken about it to others.
* We transferred gas subsidy into the accounts of beneficiaries, saved Rs 15,000 crore. We have managed to save Rs 15,000 crore — which was otherwise lost to the black market. 20 lakh people have given up LPG subsidy. This is not a small number.
* We have auctioned coal, spectrum, radio—and shown transparency, no corruption. Coal block auction has been undertaken by the govt, national exchequer will get Rs 3 lakh crore.
* Corruption is rooted like termite in the system, has to be fully removed. I vow to make India corruption-free.
* Has been 15 months now since we formed Government, no accusation of corruption of even Re 1. Will tolerate every attack to make India corruption free.
* We have reached agreements with many nations who can provide us information about black money. At G-20 I worked with US and other countries to bring black money back.
* We formulated black money bill. When the illness is dangerous, an injection is given, there could be side effects. But this is the cure.
* Rs 6,500 crore of black money declared to authorities so far. Indians have now stopped sending black money abroad. Our resolve to fight corruption is not through holding press conferences.
* We aim to generate Rs 10,000 cr in 10 years under prevention of Money Laundering Act.
* Radio spectrum auctions are underway, and reports say it has garnered Rs 1000 crore so far.
* We need to increase agricultural productivity. Save water, save energy, save fertilizers should be our motto. We have earmarked Rs 50,000 crore for irrigation scheme. All farmers must use Neem Coated Urea, nothing else. The Agriculture Ministry will now be known as ‘Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Ministry’.
* We have increased the compensation to farmers by 50%.
* We will be a strong nation only when our eastern region is also strong, we are installing gas pipelines and improving rail network.
* Even after so many decades of Independence there are 18,500 villages in India which do not have electricity. We will make sure to provide power to those villages in 1,000 days.
* We should aim for Start up India, Stand up India.
* Special scheme for miners and their areas; Rs 6000 crore to be spent on it every year.
* Banks should ensure that every branch must give loan for start ups to at least one Dalit or tribal.
* Jobs should be given based on merit. For small jobs, there should be an end to interviews.
* Assure the War Veterans and Armymen on behalf of 125 crore people that we will implement OROP soon after resolving all impending issues. We have accepted it in principle.
* Want to make India ‘Corruption Free’ by 2022.