12th Entrepreneurs’ Week begins in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar, 5th March 2016: The 12th edition of the Entrepreneurs’ week held every year in Odisha in the different parts of the state was inaugurated today by CM Naveen Patnaik at a city hotel. The initiatives were celebrated to pay a grand tribute to Biju Patnaik and commemorate the 100th birth centenary of the entrepreneurship doyen of Odisha.
“Considering the importance of the MSME segment, Government has taken a number of initiatives to promote MSMEs through policy framework like MSME development policy 2009, Odisha Food processing policy 2013, Odisha Procurement Preference Policy 2015 et al. The Odisha Industries Facilitation Amendment Rule 2015 has been notified to provide a conducive environment for industrialization. Single Window system and Investment Facilitation cell is in operation at state and district levels”, said Naveen Patnaik.
To enable inclusive growth for all round development, Patnaik spoke on the new initiatives for the growth of MSME Sector. He promised on the development of 10 Food Parks in the state, 10 Livelihood Business Incubators, 10 new village Industries clusters by Odisha Khadi and Village Industries board, 5 Food Processing Corridors and set up of 38,000 MSME units with about 1lakh employment. Industrial Policy Resolution 2015 has also been launched with a plethora of incentives to attract investment.
MSME Minister JogendraBehera asked the youth to inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship which will directly give a boost to the MSME sector for self-employment and income generation. He highlighted the works and contribution of the legendery leader Biju Patnaik to make Odisha Entrepreneurs’ driven industrious state and urged the youth to follow his dream to achieve the same.
Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi deliberated on the need to find ways to fund start-ups in the state. He mentioned that the formation of the Start-up Policy is in the completion stage and would be launched by next month.
Industries & School & mass Education Minister Devi Prasad Mishra, Principal Secretary GK Dhal, Bhubaneswar MP Prasanna Kumar Patasani Tourism along with the CM presented awards to 21 innovators under Odisha Youth Innovation Fund Scheme.
A brain storming session on different policies related to growth and development of MSMEs was conducted amidst young entrepreneurs.
1. Rupsa Mahapatra- “Phone Dome”
2. Archiman Lahiry- “Smart Antenna array to counter call drop in 3G/CDMA”
3. Abinash Sahoo- “Drone for Police”
4. Nupur Naik- “Mass scale propagation of rare medicinal plants”
5. Archita Lahiry- “Digital Library & Digital Literacy”
6. Saibal Sinha- “ Distillation of Waste oil”
7. Samit Ranjan- “Low cost electric mobility device”
8. K. Madhabi- “Smokeless Chulha”
9. Pratik Joshi- “Bamboo syngas bottling, Bamboo vinegar and charcoal production
10. Binayak Pati- “Water fuel saver (pollution free)
11. Manoranjan Jena- “Isolated base, earthquake resisting structure”
12. Shantiswarup Mahapatra- “Exclusiv portal for Designing of Industries (cadnaukri.com)”
13. Sudhansu Bhusan Samantray- “Smart parking”
14. Dara Jogesh Kumar- “Intelligence software. End to piracy of movies”
15. Subhakanta Barik- “Compressed Earth brick machine”
16. Bodhisattwa Sanghapriya- “Auto Intimate (LPG Automation system)”
17. Sanjog Kumar Panda- “Design of continuously variable transmission for economic care”
18. Sourav Kumar Mishra- “Nutrient recovery from human urine”
19. Bhaskar Das- “Advance monitoring with solar panel technology for biogas plant”
20. Avipsa Muskan Bal- “Functional Food/ Health”.