The Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar and Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, one of the premier B-Schools of India and a private university of global repute respectively, celebrated the 1st Convocation of XUB and 24th Convocation ceremony of XIMB today.
For the past 27 years XIMB has set a benchmark in the field of management education and has helped build the nation by educating young minds. Over these years, the institute has seen glorious achievements in the corporate arena.
Xavier University, in its first year of operation is already making prominent presence in the industry and is imparting world class professional and technical knowledge by conducting numerous national and international programmes under its umbrella.
Leading names in the industry have received education from XUB,XIMB and continue to add to the numerous achievements of this budding university. The outgoing batch of 2013-15 is all set to take this legacy forward to the corporate world. Given the excitement of the batch to enter into the next step of their career, the convocation ceremony turned out to be an event full of enthusiastic bright managers bagging their well-deserved degree certificates.
A batch of 403students belonging to the following Programmes graduated:
1. Doctoral-level Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
2. Masters in Business Administration (MBA-BM)
3. Masters in Human Resource Management (MBA-HRM)
4. Masters in Rural Management (MBA-RM)
5. Post-graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM-PT)
The occasion was graced by His Excellency Dr. S C Jamir, Honorable Governor of Odisha. He presided over the event for the evening. Amongst the distinguished personalities present were Mr. Rajive Kaul, Chairman NICCO Corporation Limited, Kolkata and Chairman of the XUB,XIMB Board of Governors, Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J., Vice-Chancellor &Director, XUB,XIMB, Fr. Antony Uvary, S.J., Registrar &Associate Director, XUB,XIMB and noted Academicians, Senior Government Officials and Corporate Leaders, who are also a part of our elite Board of Governors.
XUB, XIMB have made significant contributions over the years in the field of Management and this year was no different. Several leadership talks, seminars, workshops, outbound learning programmes, business and cultural fests and events, immersion courses alongside the regular courses were conducted throughout the academic session. The outgoing batch has a lot to take with them as they walk out from here as proud Alumni ofXUB,XIMB.
The convocation ceremony began with a welcome note by the Registrar, Fr. Antony Uvary, S.J., followed by the Vice-Chancellors report by Fr. Paul Fernandes, S.J. and the Chairman’s address by Shri. Rajive Kaul. The meritorious students were presented with medals by His Excellency Dr. S C Jamir followed by the presentation of graduates of various courses by the respective Deans. The degree/diploma was awarded by Shri Rajive Kaul and the presidential address was delivered by His Excellency Dr. S C Jamir.
In his address, Father Paul, the Vice-Chancellor congratulated the graduating students. He urged them to be the guiding light for the world. He motivated them to believe in hard work, excellence and sincerity and always rekindle the core values imparted to them even in trying times. In his speech, Father Paul highlighted the achievements of the university, faculty and students in the year 2014-2015 which made XUB, XIMB proud. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme of Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha has been awarded National A *** National Grading and A *** State Grading. The university is the proud recipient of many awards. To name a few noteworthy ones:
1. XUB, XIMB has been given a special recognition “PEAK OF SUCCESS” by the World Confederation of Business at Las Vegas, USA
2. XIMB has been awarded the Gold Medal for Quality & Service by the Worldwide Marketing Organization in Paris, Francis for the year 2014.
3. XUB, XIMB has been awarded with 3 Palmes by Eduniversal International Scientific Committee. XIMB has been ranked in the Top 10 Business Schools in India in the Eduniversal Masters Ranking Survey 2014.
4. XUB, XIMB is the proud recipient of the ETNow National Education Leadership Award.
5. XIMB received the “ABP NEWS” National B-School Awards – 2014 for the Outstanding B- School (East) for the third consecutive time. The award is in recognition of leadership, development, marketing an institute and industry interface of Business school.
The convocation progressed with welcome speech by the Chairman of the XUB Board of Governors, Shri Rajive Kaul who spoke of the country’s advancing financial growth, also stating 10 key mantras to achieve success in life. Having a clear vision, sharing it with others, empowering people, working hard, rewarding one’s performance, never judging others and being open-minded were a few of them. Faculty members were applauded for their progressive contributions to the University and also by awarding meritorious students.
The following students were felicitated during the ceremony for meritorious performance in the field of academics for the graduating batch:
• C.M. KANDOI GOLD MEDAL: ATISH BAKSHI (FIRST RANK), SASWAT MOHAPATRA (SECOND RANK)
• FACULTY COUNCIL GOLD MEDAL: TO THE NEXT TEN RANK HOLDERS
• ORISSA JESUIT SOCIETY MEDAL: SHIKSHA CHOURASIA
• LEETA MISRA-ANKALKOTI GOLD MEDAL: SHIKSHA CHOURASIA
• RAVI SHARMA-ARSHA VIDYA GOLD MEDAL: SWAYAMBHU DUTTA
• ORISSA JESUIT SOCIETY MEDAL: KISLAYA GOPAL
• FACULTY COUNCIL GOLD MEDAL: ASHISH GUPTA, RAVI JAIN, NITIN SONI
• FR. M.V.D. BOGAERT GOLD MEDAL: AKRITEE BAHAL
• FACULTY COUNCIL GOLD MEDAL: ARJUN MITRA, SIB SANKAR DATTA, PRIYANKA BISWAS
• FACULTY COUNCIL GOLD MEDAL: JYOTI RANJAN ROUT, KISHORE KUMAR MOHANTY
• NTPC GOLD MEDAL: SHIKSHA CHOURASIA, PRIYANKA BISWAS, KISLAYA GOPAL
The event concluded with a speech by the Chief Guest for the evening, HIS EXCELLENCY Dr. S C Jamir, who congratulated the graduates and also praised XIMB for having received such recognition over a number of years. He highlighted the growing need for management education in the Global arena. He also laid stress on the importance of innovation and optimism in order to excel in one’s field of interest.
Adapting to new surroundings and needs by bringing in technological advancement and inculcating management skills in order to help our nation progress is the need of the hour. He encouraged the graduating batch to help convert this transition in their lives into a constructive plan for the nation and help make India proud by positioning it as a Global leader in various sectors.