The OTV Opinion Poll 2015 telecast tonight, has come up some interesting data. The poll has showed that there is no alternative to Naveen Patnaik’s leadership of Odisha. However, the popularity of BJP in the state is rising with every passing day. On the other hand, the Congress has been on a decline.
Although BJD’s popularity has gone down by 2% as compared to 2014 Assembly polls, 61% people have expressed satisfaction with the performance of Naveen Government and 60% people wanted to give it a fresh mandate if polls are held today. Only 34% want a change.
When it comes to the issues that drive people to vote for BJD, strong leadership gets the top priority at 24% and stability comes second spot at 17%. The people have outright rejected the family members of Naveen Patnaik, including Prem Patnaik, Arun Patnaik and Gita Mehta as his heir.
38% people in Odisha believe that there is no alternative to Naveen Patnaik in Odisha. When it comes to the most popular leader of Odisha, Naveen (43%) is ahead of Narendra Modi (33%). Among the other BJD leaders, Dr. Damodar Rout is the most popular with 33% votes, while Baijayant Panda is at second spot with 30%.
If Naveen Patnaik refuses to become CM or resigns, Dr. Damodar Rout should become the CM, believe 17% people. 15% people give a thumbs up to Baijayant Panda, while Dharmendra Pradhan gets the support of 14%. However, 19% people believe that none of these leaders can replace Naveen Patnaik.
OTV Opinion Poll 2015:
* BJP gaining popularity in Odisha. Popularity of BJD and Congress on a Decline.
* Naveen Patnaik remains the most popular leader in Odisha with 43% votes. Narendra Modi on second spot with 33%.
* BJD, which got 44% in April-May, will get 42% votes if polls are held today.
* Congress Vote share declines from 26% to 15%.
* BJP Vote Share up from 18% to 26%.
* Naveen Government’s Performance: 61% Satisfied, 33% Dissatisfied.
* Strong Leadership (24%) and Stability (17%) are the major issues for people.
* Government fails in tackling Corruption (21%), Unemployment (18%) and Price Rise (15%), Drinking Water (12%).
* 60% favour giving fresh mandate to Naveen Government if polls are held today. Only 34% want a change.
* 38% people believe that there is no alternative to Naveen Patnaik.
* People reject Naveen Patnaik’s family members as his heir.
* Popularity of Other BJD Leaders: Dr. Damodar Rout (33%), Baijayant Panda (30%).
* If Naveen refuses to become CM, then Damodar Rout (17%), Baijayant Panda (15%), Dharmendra Pradhan (14%) and KV Singhdeo (8%) are the other alternatives. However, 19% people believe that nobody can replace Naveen Patnaik.