Truth of Nehru’s “Letter” to Clement Attlee
* But, the declassified documents feature an affidavit given by Nehru’s Steno Shyam Lal Jain. It has similar content without any error.
* Shyam Lal Jain had given the affidavit regarding the letter “dictated” by Nehru (where he called Bose a war criminal) in his deposition before the Khosla Commission in 1970-74.
* The matter was highlighted further in 1998 when Netaji’s nephew Pradip Bose wrote a letter to Vajpayee and quoted Shyam Lal Jain’s affidavit before the Khosla Commission.
* The affidavit, which is part of declassified documents, is attached here. The government never released any letter.
* Neither Modi nor Vajpayee can be held accountable for whatever Shyam Lal Jain said in 1970-74. It can be true or false.
* Social Media is full of photoshopped images and documents. And, sympathisers of all parties -BJP, AAP and Congress are party to it. Unless we have a strong law to regulate social media, such things will continue unabated and we have to live with it.