Coronavirus has been spreading throughout Asia and Europe rapidly. Overall, 519 people have tested positive for the virus in India with 9 victims deceased. In retaliation, the Indian govt had announced complete lockdown of 30 states, covering 548 districts.
Subroto Bagchi, Covid-19 chief spokesperson, outlined a worrying coronavirus drill for the State of Odisha.
Key speech takeaways of speech of Subroto Bagchi :
- The total India-wide numbers just crossed 536 and over 100 individuals with some Covid-19 symptoms identified in Odisha.
- The hospital isolation cases posted a sharp spike to touch 45
- Neither India nor Odisha can take up the task to treat it, so the only option left is a precaution.
- Projected Covid-19 of Odisha may rise to 2,345 by the mid of May 2020 while some US-based researchers have estimated a massive 36,000 positive by May 15.
- Bagchi requested the people to observe complete lockdown stating that this is the only way to stop the virus
- Concluding with a positive note, he expressed delight that the lockdown in the state has been 90% successful.
- Except for Corona related work, all the other construction activities in state has been suspended.
- To tighten the administration, State government today asked all transferred officials to report to duty within 48 hours. Those who will not follow the directive be penalised.
- The total foreign returnees registered in the state’s newly launched Covid-19 portal touched 3,861.