The following are April 17th Coronavirus cases in India updates:
- Confirmed cases coronavirus in India stands at 13,430.
- Confirmed recovered cases of coronavirus in India stands at 1748.
- Confirmed deaths due to coronavirus in India stands at 448.
The emergence of new cases:
- Madhya Pradesh is emerging as a new crisis state with more than 245 new cases registered in Indore.
- The total number of coronavirus cases in Maharashtra stands at 3,081.
- The total number of coronavirus cases in Delhi stands at 1,640.
- According to ICMR, 302,956 samples from 286,714 individuals have been tested as of 16th April in India.
The union govt has divided the districts of the India into 3 categories — hotspot districts, non-hotspot districts and green zone districts (emergence of new cases). Officials so far have identified 170 districts as COVID-19 hotspots. All the significant metros including Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, and Hyderabad, are under list of hotspots notified by the Health Ministry.