Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Budget 2021 on Monday.
She said that the budget proposals were made in six areas – health and well-being, physical and financial capital and infrastructure, inclusive development for aspirational India, reinvigorating human capital, innovation and R&D, and ‘Minimum Government, Maximum Governance’.
Here are some of the highlights of Budget 2021
- The Finance Minister also introduced cess in several categories. She proposed Agriculture Infrastructure and Development Cess (AIDC) of Rs.2.5/litre on petrol and Rs.4/litre on diesel.
- AIDC also on gold, silver and dore bars, alcoholic beverages, crude palm oil, crude soybean, and sunflower oil, apples, coal, lignite and peat, select fertilizers, peas, Kabuli chana, chick peas, lentil and cotton.
- HEALTH – A new scheme called PM Atma Nirbhar Swasthya Bharat Yojana to develop primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare
- EDUCATION – 100 new Sainik Schools, 750 Ekalavya schools in tribal areas
- INFRASTRUCTURE- Metro services announced in 27 cities.
- TAX – No IT filing for people above 75 years who get pension and earn interest from deposits