* BJD forms its trade union wing – Biju Shramik Samukhya which will work towards labour welfare.
* Aam Aadmi Party Odisha to gherao Bolangir Collector’s Office on May 1, demanding reopening of Deogaon Sugar Mill.
* Tamil Nadu Govt clarifies that farmers committed suicide due to their personal reasons.
* Supreme Court says it would ask forces not to use pellet guns in J&K for 2 weeks if it’s assured there will be no stone pelting.
* Bad weather diverts Jet Airways flight; Passenger tweets ‘Hijack’ alert to PM Modi.
* Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar takes charge as new CRPF Director General.
* Narada Sting Operation: ED registers money laundering case allegedly involving TMC leaders.
* Bombay High Court asks police to record statement against self-styled godwoman Radhe Maa.
* Shahrukh Khan becomes first Bollywood actor to speak at TED Talks in Canada.
* Rishi Kapoor criticises “actors of this generation” for skipping funeral of Vinod Khanna.