Odisha News Insight

Not Gas Cylinder, Gelatine Sticks caused Jhabua Blast, Death Toll 104

Cylinder-Blast-JhabuaThe powerful explosion at a restaurant in Petlawad near Jhabua in Madhya Pradesh, which killed at least 104 people yesterday, was caused by gelatine sticks stored in a shop, not by gas cylinder blast. The owner of the shop had stored the gelatine sticks, used for mining. Due to a short circuit, a fire broke out, triggering massive explosion.

The owner of the shop, is absconding. His shop has been sealed. Cops have launched a massive manhunt to nab him. Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has already ordered a judicial probe into the incident. He had announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh for the families of those killed and Rs 50,000 for those injured.

He also visited the site this morning. The Chief Minister was surrounded by the angry residents, who demanded immediate action against the guilty. He had great difficulty to pacify the crowd. The Congress workers also protested at the site.

Leave a comment