ONI Bureau: Diwali, the festival of light, colors and happiness is celebrated with high enthusiasm and spirit across all the parts of India and even in many countries abroad. However, every year we get the news of accidents, caused due to negligence during Diwali.
This article will educate you about what you should do and what not during Diwali. Read these guidelines before you step out to celebrate the Festival of Light.
- Burst firecrackers only between 8 PM and 10 PM during Diwali to reduce pollution.
- Always purchase green crackers from licensed sellers.
- At the time of decorating your home with the lights, keep a tab on children.
- While arranging the lights in your home, appoint an experienced electrician.
- Do not get very close to the lighted Diyas/Candles.
- Select an open place for lighting the firecrackers.
- Keep a bucket of sand, a bucket of water and first aid box handy near the place where you are lighting the fireworks.
- If a firework is not lighted in the first try, do not try to light it again.
- While bursting crackers, tie your hair properly and use cotton clothes.
- Wear footwear while lighting fireworks.
- Store it safely. The items should be left inside a box.