At least 13 out of 21 Lok Sabha MPs in Odisha did not spend a single rupee from their MPLAD funds in 2014-15. Ironically, all are from BJD. Across the country, 298 out of 542 MPs have this dubious record. This is almost 55 per cent.
Prasanna Patasani (Bhubaneswar) has spent the maximum when it comes to Odisha MPs with 26%, followed by Kalikesh Singhdeo of Bolangir (17%), Arjuna Charan Sethi of Bhadrak (16%), Rita Tarai of Jajpur (12%) and Jual Oram of Sundargarh (10%).
Here’s the Dubious List of MPs who have not spent a single rupee yet as per the data on www.mplad.nic.in
1. Ladu Kishore Swain (Aska)
2. Rabindra Kumar Jena (Balasore)
3. Sidhant Mohapatra (Berhampur)
4. Bhartuhari Mahatab (Cuttack)
5. Pratyusha Rajeswari Singh (Kandhamal)
6. Baijayant Panda (Kendrapara)
7. Sakuntala Laguri (Keonjhar)
8. Jhina Hikaka (Koraput)
9. Ramachandra Hansda (Mayurbhanj)
10. Balabhadra Majhi (Nabarangpur)
11. Pravas Kumar Singh (Bargarh)
12. Pinaki Mishra (Puri)
13. Nagendra Kumar Pradhan (Sambalpur).