Berhampur, Sep 21: As many as 77 students were taken ill after consuming mid-day meal at Sameiguda government upper primary schools in Ganjam district on Sunday. All the students were admitted to Aska hospital. As per the media reports, all the students are now out of danger.
According to reports, a dead lizard was found in the food served to Class VII students at the school. Soon after the spread of news of a dead lizard in the meals prepared for students, people gathers at the schools and demanded action against school authorities.
District Education Officer (DEO) Sanatana Panda has ordered officials investigate into the matter. He said that action would be taken against guilty officials for serving poisonous food to students. It is noteworthy that, 77 students out of 108 total students of class VIII were present at the mid-day meal serving time.