ONI Bureau: Former IAS Officer Aparajita Sarangi, whose VRS application was recently cleared by the Odisha Government and then accepted by the PMO, is all set to begin her new political innings. While it’s is believed that she would join the BJP soon, some political pundits are still hopeful of BJD staging a coup. Whatever, there is a big political buzz surrounding her and we can’t deny it.
However, if we look at her Twitter Handle, a clear picture is seen as emerging. In just 3 days, Aparajita Sarangi has received more than 3,000 followers on Twitter. However. she follows just 8 people on today (November 18, 2018). Interestingly, 3 out of them are from BJP, including PM Modi, Dharmendra Pradhan and Pitambar Acharya. Another one is PMO. Out of the remaining four, 3 are IAS Officers, including her husband Santosh Sarangi. The 8th one is of Ratan Tata.
1. Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India)
2. PMO India (Prime Minister’s Office)
3. Dharmendra Pradhan (Union Minister)
4. Pitambar Acharya (Eminent Lawyer, BJP Spokesperson)
5. Ratan Tata (Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons)
6. Srivatsa Krishna (Senior IAS Officer)
7. Ashok Meena (Senior IAS Officer)
8. Santosh Sarangi (Senior IAS Officer)
So, the message is loud and clear. There is a clear deal with the central BJP leadership and it was finalised at the PMO level. Aparajita Sarangi joining the BJP would remain a mere formality. However, it would be interesting to see what position she would get and how she would use her experience and expertise to get the best possible results for the BJP while the ultimate goal would be to defeat BJD in Odisha.