ONI Bureau: To ensure better convenience and in the larger interest of public safety during Durga Puja celebrations, Commissionerate Police on Monday issued guidelines and restrictions in Bhubaneswar from today.
The following restrictions are imposed during the celebration days from 4pm to 2am for the safety of general public.
- Khandagiri to Pokhariput via Jagamara and Gandamunda crossings
- Fire training school crossing to Sishu Bhawan Square via Paika Nagar, Siripur and Ganganagar crossings
- CRP crossings to Power House crossings via Stewart School and Unit-8 DAV School
- Jaydev Vihar to Raj Bhavan Square via Behera Sahi and Sastri Nagar
- Jaydev Vihar to Nandankanan via Xavier, Kalinga Hospital, Damana and Patia
- Acharya Vihar to New Airport via Nicco Park Patel Marg, Housing Board, Rabindra Mandap and AG Square
- Acharya Vihar to Kalinga Hospital via Sainik School Square
- Vani Vihar to Sishu Bhawan Square via Ruipali, Sataya Nagar, Ram Mandir, Master Canteen and Rajmahal Square
- Rasulgarh to Lingipur via Bomikhal, Laxmi Sagar, Ravi Talkies, Samatarapur and Kalpana Square and on service roads of NH-16 from Baramunda to Palasuni
- Both side service roads of NH-16 from Baramunda to Palasuni
- Heavy vehicles coming from Khurda Khurda shall be diverted from Pitapalli to Balikuda via Chandaka and Barang. Similarly vehicular traffic may be diverted from CRP Square to Bidyut Marg via Ekamra Villa
- During Ravan Podi, the entire vehicular traffic coming on NH-16 from Cuttack shall be diverted from Jaydev Vihar to CRP Square via Behera Sahi, Sastri Nagar, Power House and Unit-8 DAV crossings
During the period, no heavy vehicles will be allowed to ply in the following routes.
However, passenger buses coming from Puri to Bhubaneswar shall be allowed to ply from Lingipur to Baramunda Bus Stand via Samantarapur, Kalpana Square, Raj Mahal Square, Sishu Bhawan Square, Ganga Nagar and Fire Training School.
Similarly, the buses coming from Baramunda to Puri shall be allowed to ply in the same route up to Sishu Bhawan and through Mausima Temple, Museum Samantarapur crossing to Lingipur on NH, the notification added.