Commissionerate Police and Cuttack Municipal Corporation on Sunday decided to shift major vegetable markets in the city to assure rigid social distancing as a preventive measure to contain the spread of COVID-19.
The shifting of vegetable markets in Cuttack:
- Vegetable vendors sitting on Nayasarak Road in Balu Bazaar vegetable market, will be relocated to Ring Road stretching from Sishu Bhawan to Judicial Academy and inside the field near the Academy.
- Vegtable Vendors sitting near Krishak Bazar on the road from Satichaura to Bidanasi Bandha Gada will be relocated to the four-lane road connecting Ashwini Hospital to Sector 10.
- Vendors on Nayabazaar Road will be shifted to the field near TOP, while fish market will continue under the flyover.
- Vegetable vendors who were shifted from Chhatra Bazaar and relocated on the Link Road and between Dolomundai and Khan Nagar will be again relocated to two open fields – Ganesh field and Nikei field near Khan Nagar Park.
- Vegetable vendors sitting inside Balu Bazaar will be allowed to continue vending by maintaining a minimum distance of 12 feet.