Dharmendra writes to Naveen on Strategic Petroleum Reserve in Chandikhole
ONI Bureau: Union Petroleum & Natural Gas (P&NG) Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has written a letter to Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, seeking single window clearance for strategic petroleum reserve project at Chandikhol.
In a letter to the CM, Pradhan sought urgent measures in execution of Rs 6,500 cr for strategic petroleum reserves project at Chandikhole in Jajpur district.
Earlier, the Union Cabinet had approved establishment of additional 6.5 Million Metric Tonne Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) facilities at two locations at Chandikhol in Odisha and Padur in Karnataka.
Dharmendra has sought Odisha Government’s cooperation in following measures:
– Single Window clearance for the SPR project at Chandikhol at Industrial Development Corporation of Odisha
– Fast Track Land Acquisition and P&R (the identified land is owned by Odisha Govt)
– Consent/permission for sourcing water & Geology
– Clearing the area of all quarrying activities
– Environment and Pollution Board Clearances and other required permission