Odisha woke up to 58 new crown positive cases. Saturday saw 69 individuals testing positive cases, taking the influenced count in Odisha to 352.
The cases identified in the last 24 hours as per the I & PR tweets are as follows:
- Mayurbhanj: Three men aged 20, 26 and 30, all Surat returnees and one more, whose details are awaited.
- Ganjam: 35 Surat returnees
- Balasore: 15 persons tested positive. Ten among them had returned from West Bengal and five from Karnataka.
- Angul: 13 (11 Surat, one Maharashtra. one local). 12 among them detected in quarantine.
- Rourkela (Sundargarh): One 60-year-old man from the containment zone.
- Nayagarh: A 40-year-old from Surat
Ganjam with 118 cases currently has 33.5 per cent of total positive cases in Odisha. The locale had nil cases till May 1 and saw spike following the arrival of locals from Surat after the Center permitted inter-state development in the midst of the lockdown. The 15 new cases in Balasore has taken its count to 42. It is not far behind Khurda (50) and Jajpur (55). With three passings and 68 recuperations, Odisha now has 281 dynamic cases.