Under the students, whose parents earn less than Rs 6 lakh per annum, will get higher education loan @ 1%. The government also approved the setting up of Odisha Mineral Exporation Corporation and amendments to the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
* Cabinet approves proposal for amendment of #Odisha Electricity (Duty) Act, 1961. No changes to domestic power tariff.
* Approval for amendments to the Orissa Official Language Act, 1954. It will pave way for the implementation of ‘Governance of Odisha in Odia Language’.
* Under Kalinga Sikhshya Sathi scheme, students, whose parents earn less than Rs 6 lakh per annum, will get higher education loan @ 1%.
* Permission granted for setting up of Odisha Mineral Exploration Corporation.
* Cabinet approves OMC Mineral Linkage policy.
* Approval to amendments in Orissa Gram Panchayat Act, 1964. Reservation category for Sarapanchs to be rotated every 5 years.
* Cabinet also approves #Odisha State Prosecution Service (Amendment) Rules.
* Amendments to Control Order of the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
* Industries will get concession on land tax and cess under the Industrial Policy 2015.