Odisha Constitutes High Power Commitee For Recommendations On Reservation In Engineering & Medical Schools
The Odisha Government, on Thursday, constituted a High Power Committee for making necessary recommendation regarding reservation of seats for the students of Government High Schools in Engineering and Medical courses.
A decision on reservation of seats was made in the Cabinet meeting held on December 28, 2020.
The Committee will recommend reservation of seats for the students of Government High Schools in the Engineering and Medical Courses of the State.
The Committee will be headed by Dr. Justice A.K. Mishra, Chairperson, Retired Judge of Odisha High Court.
Other members of the committee include-
- Prof. Ashok Kumar Das Former Vice Chancellor Utkal University and Former Head of the Laser and Plasma Technology Division at BARC. Vice Chairperson, Odisha State Higher Education Council – Member
- Prof.(Dr.) C.B.K. Mohanty, Director, Medical Education and Training, Odisha – Member.
- B.S. Poonia, IAS, Chairman, Council of High Secondary Education, Odisha – Member.
- G. Reghu, IAS, Director, Technical Education and Training, Odisha – Member
- Dr. A.K. Nayak, OAS, Joint Secretary to Government, SD&TE Department – Member Convenor.