Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday reviewed the COVID-19 situation in the state.
He urged the people of Odisha to strictly follow COVID-19 safety protocols.
Here are some key points from the review meeting –
- Further increase in the number of beds in Covid Hospitals and Covid Care Centres across the State. Special focus should be on providing maximum possible number of beds with oxygen support.
- Oxygen supply situation has to be closely monitored and ensure that all related accessories at the hospital level are available on priority.
- Ensure buffer stock of medicines to tackle higher demand in coming weeks.
- IEC campaign has to be further ramped up. People have to be educated on the dangerous spread of the second wave and the need for active adherence to Covid protocols. The community, Mission shakti group, PRI members should be actively involved in the process.
- With lockdown in seriously affected states, the Collectors should be prepared for the return of the migrants. The quarantine norm and testing should be ensured for all the returnees from other states.