ONI Bureau: Odisha DGP R P Sharma on Tuesday instructed DIGs, IGPs, SPs to crack whip on anti-socials by executing pending non-bailable warrant (
A video conferencing was taken by DGP, Odisha today which was attended by all SsP/ DCsP, Commissioner of Police and all Range IsG/DIsG along with all Staff Officers of State Police Headquarters.
DGP took a thorough review of Law & Order of the State and exhorted them to take leadership from the front with right anticipation and timely intervention in order to prevent emerging law and order situation. They were sensitized to gear up their intelligence channels to know things ahead of happenings for proactive intervention. DGP emphasizes on better inter-departmental coordination as well as earning good will of various segments of public.
During video conferencing DGP has instructed to focus on certain key areas over next thirty days as a special drive, which are:
- Arrest of wanted criminals of specific cases.
- Massive drive in execution of pending NBWs.
- Steps for early closure of cases involving criminals and anti-socials.
- Maintenance of dossiers of active anti-socials and criminals and take steps to book them under various preventive sections of law i.e. 107/110 CrPC
- In appropriate cases hardened anti-socials and criminals should be detained under NSA.
- Stringent actions must be taken against mafias/players of organized crimes like, transport mafia and drugs peddlers.