The Odisha Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, has approved 21 proposals, which included the 100% increase of salary of those doctors working in unreachable and inaccessible areas of the state. The move may motivate the doctors to move to the areas where healthcare remains a big concern.
These remote areas have been divided into four parts. Doctors working in the remotest areas will get 100% hike in their salary while the doctors working in the remote and tribal areas will get additional Rs 40,000 over their existing salary.
Some Key Decisions taken at the Cabinet:
1. Doctors working in unreachable and inaccessible areas, will get 100% pay hike. Doctors at other remote areas will get Rs 40,000 hike.
2. Three acres of land to be given to IMD to set up Doppler Radar in Sambalpur.
3. Players receiving Gold Medals at Olympics and Commonwealth Games, will be appointed as DSPs.
4. Amendment in the Investor Protection Act, 2009. Small Investor status to depositors, who have invested less than Rs 10,000. They will get priority on refund of their chit fund money.
5. Potato Mission approved to increase potato production in the state.
6. 15 Community Toilet Complexes to be set up in Puri for Nabakalebar 2015.
7. Department of Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disability to be created for the welfare of the physically challenged people.