Insight Bureau: Odisha Government on Monday announced assistance of Rs 13,500 per hectare for irrigated, Rs 6,800 for non-irrigated land for pest-affected farmers, announced by the Agriculture Minister Maheswar Mohanty. Govt also declared pest-infestation of crops a Natural Disaster.
Announcing the drought assistance package Mohanty informed that the farmers who torched paddy crops will also get compensation.
Other Key Points:
* Farmers to get fertilizers at 75% subsidised price.
* Loans for Rabi Crops to be provided to farmers.
* 1 lakh mini kits of seeds to provided to farmers.
* 50,000 farmers to be assisted with broiler farming.
* 50% loan waiver for farmers who suffered 33% crop loss.
*10,000 numbers of sprayers will be made available to the affected farmers in the BPH affected area at a subsidy of 50% subject to maximum of Rs.3000/- per sprayers.
*Tuition fees and examination fees in Government aided schools and colleges in the pest affected areas shall be waived.