Ahead of the upcoming budget session of the Parliament from January 31, BJD party’s Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha members held a meeting at “Naveen Niwas” today led by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
BJD’s upcoming strategies are:
- To demand the enumeration of OBCs like SCs & STs in the 2021 census
- To object the notion of National Register of Citizens (NRC)
- To accept NPR with amendments
- To object the Column 13(2) of NPR form which seeks information on place of birth of an individual’s parents
- To demand more allocation of fund to the state in the Railway sector that has been left pending
- To demand compensation to state in the GST loss
- To raise the issue of Polavaram and Mahanadi issues
- To raise issues of hike in coal royalty & clean energy cess
It should be noted that the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present the annual Union budget on February 1.