ONI Bureau: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik unveiled the Men’s Hockey World Cup Trophy 2018 at a glittering function at Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar this evening. Renowned Singer Sukhwinder Singh enthralled the crowd with his performance at the special event.
The fireworks at the stadium marked the beginning of biggest-ever sports extravaganza in Odisha that would begin on 28th November and continue till 16th December.
While expressing hope of converting Odisha into the Sports Capital of India, CM Naveen Patnaik said, “It’s a proud moment when the National Flag and National Anthem are played during Olympics. Unfortunately, we don’t watch that too often. I dream Odisha producing Gold Medalists who would make the nation proud”.
- JSW Sports (Football)
- All India Football Federation, Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation, Odisha Sports Development and Promotion Company (Football)
- Tata Steel and Tata Trusts (Hockey)
- Rungta Mines & Abhinav Futuristics Pvt Ltd (HPC and Advanced Medical Rehabilitation Centre)
- Dalmia Cement (Bharat) Ltd & Pullela Gopichand Badminton Foundation (Badminton)
- Aditya Birla Group & Gagan Narang Sports Promotion Foundation (Shooting)
- Odisha Mining Corporation (Sports Development in State)
- Xavier-Emlyon Business School (Centre of Excellence Sports Management)
- KJS Ahulwalia Group & Tenvic Sports founded by Anil Kumble (Weightlifting)
- JSW Sports (Swimming)
- Reliance Industries Group (Athletics)