ONI Bureau: Former MP Baijayant Panda’s maiden book, “Lutyens’ Maverick – Ground Realities, Hard Choices and Tomorrow’s India” has been released in New Delhi this evening at the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library at Teen Murti Bhawan in New Delhi. The book launch event was organised by publishers Rupa Publications.
Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, former Union Ministers Manish Tewari and Praful Patel and AAP MLA Alka Lamba launched the book along with Baijayant Panda himself.
The book release was followed by a panel discussion between the above people, which was moderated by Rahul Shivshankar, Editor-in-Chief of Times Now. The Guests and Panelists hailed Mr. Panda’s book, which is a compilation of his key articles published on various newspapers.
While participating in the panel discussion, Jay Panda said he has been a great believer in democracy. “It’s a self-corrective system,” he added. He also called for judicial reforms, improvement in police system and electoral reforms.
The book, ‘Lutyens’ Maverick’ – Ground Realities, Hard Choices and Tomorrow’s India, has specifically answered the following questions, as revealed by Rupa Publications in their Facebook page:
– Would India be better served by ‘one nation, two elections?
– Why should Modi go boldly where no Indian politician has gone before and reform political funding?
– Will the disinvestment of air India erase doubts about NDA government will to reform?
– Can Pakistan’s new PM deliver a cooling of border tensions?
– Has the Supreme court’s Triple Talaq judgement set the country on course to a uniform Civil code?
– Is death penalty the only answer to the horrific rapes across the country?
There are many other key questions that are analyzed in the book by Baijayant Panda.
Book Your Copies Online at:
The book will also be available at book stores across India.