Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, on Monday, rolled out 18 Highway Patrolling Units in 18 stretches of various State and National Highways on virtual platform.
Launching these units, the Chief Minister said that these units will play a crucial role in saving the lives of accident victims on highways.
Announcing the introduction of Highway Patrolling, he said that the time taken for taking an accident victim from a point of accident to the nearest hospital is crucial in saving lives.
These Patrolling units will be highly useful in these circumstances by carrying the accident victims as quickly as possible, he added. He further said that the Sate Government has a target of creating 36 Patrolling Units in various accident prone stretches.
In the first phase, these units will function on the following stretches in different districts.
• Khurdha district border to Rambha
• Rambha to Chhatrapur
• Chhatrapur to Girisola.Berhampur
• Gopalpur Chhak to Golanthara border
• Pittapali to Tapang Check gate
• Tapang Check Gate to Tangi P.S.
• Tangri PS. To Ganjam district border
• Angul Town to Jarapada
• Bargarh district border to Sohela.Rourkela
• Panposh Chhak to Kansbahal
• Rupsa P.S. to Sergarh Toll Gate.
• Balasore district border to Nalanga
• Nalanga to Jajpur district border
• Satyabadi to Puri TownJajpur
• Bhadrak district border to Jarka.
• Kuakhia to Chhatia
• Chhatia to Manguli.
• Adhala to Baladiabandh.