ONI Bureau: The three-day global conclave on development, ‘Kalahandi Dialogue’ concluded today with the aim of coming up with more activities for women and youth in the district. At least 10 projects have been proposed in the field of organic farming, soft skills training, legal literacy, digital & financial literacy, livelihood generation and women hygiene etc.
Sujeet Kumar, the Founder Chairman offered the vote of thanks and shared his profound gratefulness towards the people of Kalahandi, to tChief Minister Shri Naveen Patnaik and the Ministers of Government of Odisha as well as public representatives of Kalahandi.
1. Kalahandi Declaration Issued and intervention activities proposed.
2. Partnership with OUAT, Bhawanipatna to promote scientific and organic agriculture in Kalahandi.
3. Partnership with National Law University Odisha (NLUO) to promote legal literacy and access to justice training in Kalahandi.
4. Partnership with Khadi and Village Industries Board (K&VIB) to promote Rural Employment and strengthen livelihood support of women SHGs.
5. Partnership with Sathi to promote Health and Hygiene of Women in Kalahandi by providing free sanitary napkins to 10,000 underprivileged women over next three years.
6. Partnership with IED and NRDC to promote Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
7. Partnership with Room2Read to start five rural Libraries in Kalahandi.
8. An OUAT report on Kalahandi’s agricultural transformation and a book on Tribal Economy Released.