ONI Bureau: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his Odisha visit on December 24, will roll out a slew of projects worth Rs 14,523 crore. It was revealed by Union Ministers Dharmendra Pradhan and Dr. Mahesh Sharma at a press meet in New Delhi today.
The PM will lay foundation for Bokaro-Angul IOCL pipeline, dedicate the IIT Bhubaneswar Campus to the nation and unveil a postal stamp as part of 200th Anniversary celebrations of Paika Rebellion. He would also inaugurate the Buxi Jagabandhu Chair at Utkal University. A corpus fund of Rs 5 crore will be provided by the Union Culture Ministry for that purpose.
The Key Projects to be rolled out by the PM include:
– Paradip-Hyderabad products pipeline (PHPL) of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL)
– Bokaro- Angul section of Jagdishpur- Haldia pipeline
– Bokaro-Dhamra pipeline project of GAIL India ltd
– Construction of permanent campus of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) at Berhampur
– Six laning of Chandikhole-Bhadrak section of NH-5 on Hybrid Annuity model
– Four-laning of Cuttack-Angul Section of NH- 42 on engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) mode
– Six laning of of Bhubaneswar-Puintola section of NH-5 of 132.14 kilometers
– Inauguration of 100-beded ESIC hospital in Bhubaneswar
PM Modi is also slated to address a public rally in Khordha during his visit on December 24.