ONI Burau: Traffic restrictions have been imposed in Bhubaneswar ahead of the Hockey World Cup 2018 that would kick off at the Kalinga Stadium tomorrow. The restrictions imposed by the Commissionerate Police would remain in force with effect from November 27, 2018 till December 16, 2018 from 2 PM to 10 PM or till entire crowd disperses.
– The road from Jayadev Vihar to Behera Sahi will be completely sealed. The traffic check points will be set up at Shastri Nagar, Nicco Park, Kalinga Hospital crossings and Achayra Vihar bride end cut on NH-16. The traffic movement through the Nayapalli underpass will be made one-way from Nayapalli to CRP Square.
– All the vehicular traffic on Bidyut Marg coming from Governor House side will be diverted at Shastri Nagar square to Sachivalaya Marg via Patel Marg except the Mo-buses, vehicles of players and match officials, emergency vehicles and the vehicles of tickets/pass holders.
– Vehicles of ticket/pass holders shall be allowed to ply through Nicco Park road up to Behera Sahi on production of tickets/passes at Nicco Park square traffic check point. Vehicles of local residents of New AG Colony pr its nearby areas will also be allowed to ply on Nicco Park road after verification. No other vehicles will be allowed to ply on Nicco Park road.
– Vehicles coming from Acharya Vihar side to Jayadev Vihar will be diverted to NH-16 at Acharya Vihar FOB and except the vehicles of players/match officials/Mo-buses/emergency vehicles/vehicles having passes.
– Vehicles coming from Nandan Kanan side will be diverted at Kalinga Hospital square to Acharya Vihar via Sainik School road except the vehicles of players/match officials/Mo-buses/emergency vehicles/vehicles having passes.
– Vehicles coming from Kalinga Hospital square to Jayadev Vihar will be diverted to Acharya Vihar except the vehicles of players/match officials/Mo-buses/emergency vehicles/vehicles having passes.
– Vehicular movement through Nayapalli underpass will be made one way. All the vehicular traffic will be directed from all directions at Nayapalli underpass to move up to CRP square to get to their destinations.
Violation of the instant order will be a punishable offence and may warrant a penalty of Rs 500 to Rs 1,000.