As 2020 draws to a close, the Odisha Government has released fresh guidelines for Unlock 8.0. The guidelines will be effective from January 1, 2021 to January 31, 2021.
Here are some of the guidelines of Unlock 8.0 –
- Lockdown shall remain in force in containment zones. Local authorities to carefully demarcate the containment zones. Only essential activity will be carried out in the containment zones.
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA will continue to remain closed till January 31, 2021.
- Social, religious, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural functions and gatherings shall be allowed with a ceiling of 200 persons.
- Marriage related gatherings shall be allowed with a ceiling of 200 persons. Funeral/last rites related gatherings with a ceiling of 100 persons.
- The Department of School and Mass Education is authorised to take appropriate decision with regard to the date of re-opening of schools, in respect of classes from 9th standard to 12th standard.
- All academic, technical skill development institutions (except medical colleges) will remain closed till such date as decided by the Departments concerned.
- All Anganwadi Centres shall remain closed till January 31, 2021. The arrangement for supply of ration to the beneficiaries shall continue.
- Cinema halls, theaters shall be allowed to open with up to 50 per cent of the capacity.
Also Read: Unlock 7.0: Here’s All You Want To Know