The following are April 18th (9 a.m.) Coronavirus cases in India updates:
- Confirmed cases coronavirus active in India stands at 11906.
- Confirmed recovered cases of coronavirus in India stands at 1991.
- Confirmed deaths due to coronavirus in India stands at 480 with 1 migrated.
The emergence of new cases:
- Maharastra & Delhi still remain the two major affected regions of India
- The total number of coronavirus cases in Maharashtra stands at 3323.
- The total number of coronavirus cases in Delhi stands at 1707.
- According to ICMR, 335,123 samples from 318,449 individuals have been tested as of April 17th.
The union govt has divided the districts of India into 3 categories — hotspot districts, non-hotspot districts and green zone districts (emergence of new cases). Officials so far have identified 170 districts as COVID-19 hotspots. All the significant metros including Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, and Hyderabad, are under the list of hotspots notified by the Health Ministry.