As COVID-19 cases inched closer to the 3000-mark, the Odisha Government has announced night curfew in urban areas.
Odisha Chief Secretary Suresh Chandra Mohapatra made a public announcement on Thursday and announced the decision.
Here are the details –
- Night curfew from 6pm to 5am (Friday onwards) in urban areas of 10 Odisha districts – Sundargarh, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Bargarh, Bolangir, Nuapada, Kalahandi, Nawrangpur, Koraput and Malkangiri
- In addition to the night curfew, weekend curfew will be applicable in the above 10 districts from Saturday.
- Night curfew in urban areas of remaining 20 districts from 9pm to 5 am (including Bhubaneswar and Cuttack)
- In rural areas, night curfew from 10pm to 5am.
- All religious and political gatherings restricted
- All inter-state bus operations to be suspended from April 19; Intra-state bus operations allowed with only seating capacity
- Two passengers allowed in autos and taxis